The Danubia Soccer Club was founded in 1960 when several sports-minded members of the Danube Swabian Association of Philadelphia, PA organized a four-man committee to establish a soccer team. The four men who formed the committee where Konrad Holinger, Adam Mattes, Adam Dickmann, and Oskar Pohl.
Several milestones have been reached since the Club has been in the game of soccer. The first was the establishment of the Soccer Club in 1960. The second was the joining of the Bavarian Club in 1963, which provided the members with a beautiful foster home, excellent facilities, and a chance to build a soccer field for their very own use. The third was the exciting move to the new Danube Swabian Association home on 1277 Southampton Road in 1974. This was the pinnacle, the goal, the dream come true for all the members who had dedicated themselves to this effort.
The Danubia Soccer Club carries on as a leader in the regional soccer community with most teams finishing at the top of their leagues and divisions. Our teams compete in the United Junior Soccer League (UJSL), Inter-County Soccer League (ICSL), Philadelphia Area Girls Soccer (PAGS), and DELCO Soccer Leagues.